I'm a fast walker, period. What can I say - it's efficient. But that efficiency comes at a cost. I often knick my hips on walls b/c I turn corners to quick. I stub my toes regularly from tripping in the middle of the street.
But today's fast walking injury takes the cake. The scene: me leaving a busy grocery store. As I was headed toward the "automatic" sliding glass door (an overly windexed sliding glass door, I might add) I started looking beyond the door and into the street. I must have been moving at a pretty swift pace because the motion detectors didn't even sense me ,and thus the automatic door failed to open.
Next thing I knew some Spanish grocery bagger was telling me to look into her eyes and stay calm. She looked really freaked out and I didn't understand why. Then I started seeing rose petals fall from the ceiling, only to realize it was my own blood. Half an hour later I was in an amulance trying to answer medical questions in my broken spanglish. That's me in the ambulance below... I was pretty 'out of it' at this point.

But after 3 stitches and some gelato I was feeling much better!


Noooo!!! Joder, pero te pegaste un porrazo de los buenos mujer! From fast-walker to fast-walker, age starts to get on the way, slow the pace...Un abrazo, A.
ReplyDeleteAww Pobrecita! Got to admit you look pretty bad ass now. I'm sure your stitches will now deter any would be muggers away.
ReplyDeleteOMG. Jessica, seriously! At this moment I am half laughing (only because you are actually okay) but half feeling really sorry for you. I can't believe you made it to the spanish hospital in just over a month. Was this better or worse than the fall between the boat and bruise your entire lower half experience?
ReplyDeleteThat. Is. AWESOME. I am almost peeing myself thinking about how I would be peeing myself laughing if I had been able to see it. Then or course I would have run to your rescue. Stitched you right up with some chicken wire and gum.
ReplyDeleteJess - you kill me with your mad blogging skills. I'm cracking up out loud reading this but at the same time hoping you are 100% better!
ReplyDeleteJess, So sorry about passing along the "clumbsy" gene, which I also got from my mom. Many broken toes later, I'm still trying to slow down. Your story tops any of mine, though, you have to admit! (Also sorry if you get this comment 5 times, as I've experienced some technical issues!)
ReplyDeleteJessica. Now that you are okay, I bet this looked hilarious when it happened.
ReplyDeleteAs a natural born cluts myself, I feel your pain, embarrassment and also frustration that really glass doors shouldn’t be that clean or slow to move!! I have to say, it’s impressive that despite your condition that you were still able to get your phone/camera out and take a picture from the ambulance!! Thanks for sharing and I wish you a speedy recovery (btw I hear sangria helps all aliments so you should get drinking).
ReplyDelete