Vienna was the perfect place to spend Christmas - very romantic! The entire city was decked-out in lights. And there were cute Christmas Markets everywhere selling crafty Christmas-y goods along with every carb-loaded, potato-based, fried snack you can imagine. Oh yeah, and lots of mulled wine, which overall we liked, but after awhile kind of tasted like drinking hot potpourri.
We had four days there so we were able to see a lot, but definitely didn't feel rushed. All in all the trip was really relaxing and we had a lot of fun.
Some other highlights...
- Christmas Day dinner date at a nice little Italian spot.
- We went to see the Nussnacker (German for Nutcracker) on Christmas night, but left after intermission b/c we just weren't feeling it. I think we both seperately wanted to leave, but felt guilty saying so. Then after intermission Joe made a 'joke' about leaving early, and I jumped all over it and said let's go! So we ditched out and watched Christmas Vacation in our hotel room instead... way more fun!
- Midnight Mass at St. Stephen's church. It was the most crowded Mass I have ever been to in my life. When the doors finally opened to let people in, Joe and I could have easily been trampled. It was a cool experience, but I think one hour of German mass was enough for us.
- Spending such a fun night out with our friend, Valerie. Valerie, if you're reading this, we are still talking about the plum, poppy dessert you ordered for us at dinner.
- Lots of cool museums in Vienna, but I think our favorite was Kunst Haus Wien which had an awesome Annie Liebovitz exhibit.
- Watching the morning practice at the Spanish Horse Riding school.
P.S. I must say that while we had a lot of fun in Vienna, we of course, missed all of you from back home. Don't worry, we drank some potpourri in your honor :)

No comments:
Post a Comment