For those that know me well, you are probably shocked that I even care about the World Cup. It may or may not be true that upon arrival to Spain I didn't even know what off-sides meant - details, details. However, after a year of following Barca, not only do I know what off-sides means, but I have actually gotten really into the sport. Joe is ecstatic, but unsure of if this will last. I think my dad is sad, and hoping this doesn't last.
Even though we were travelling a lot during the month of World Cup action, we always found a way to watch (especially if Spain was playing). Here's Joe watching Argentina (Go Messi!) from a little soccer bar in Rhodes, Greece...
Unfortunately we were not in Spain for the final match against the Netherlands. Instead we were in a London pub surrounded by Holland supporters. But we all know who had the last laugh, muahahaha.
Since we weren't in BCN for the final I don't have pictures of the craziness. But here are a few from the night when Barca won La Liga (the Spanish Leauge) in May. Multiply this by a million to imagine the reaction when Spain won the WC.
Even though we were travelling a lot during the month of World Cup action, we always found a way to watch (especially if Spain was playing). Here's Joe watching Argentina (Go Messi!) from a little soccer bar in Rhodes, Greece...
Unfortunately we were not in Spain for the final match against the Netherlands. Instead we were in a London pub surrounded by Holland supporters. But we all know who had the last laugh, muahahaha.
Since we weren't in BCN for the final I don't have pictures of the craziness. But here are a few from the night when Barca won La Liga (the Spanish Leauge) in May. Multiply this by a million to imagine the reaction when Spain won the WC.
| Plaza Catalunya |
| Las Ramblas |
And now the countdown for Brazil 2014!

No comments:
Post a Comment