For Valentine's Day I decided to make our first dinner in our new place, complete with a chocolate chip cheesecake! It's the last part that caused a bit of a problem. I searched high and low for graham crackers to make the crust... I must have gone to four stores! Finally I spoke with someone at the counter and they said they had no idea what graham crackers were. So I explained that I wanted them to crush for the crust of a cheesecake. It's then that she looked at me and said, 'Ohhhhhh you mean digestive biscuits'.
That's right... Brits call graham crackers digestive biscuits. It sounds like something you would give to a sick dog with intestinal problems. Yummy. And here's the final result!
P.S. The mini cheesecake was one I bought because I was so untrusting of using something called digestive biscuits! But in the end, I can confirm that yes they are the same.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment