Monday, March 19, 2012

Fall 2011 Catch-Up

As you can see I have once again fallen into a blogging slump.  For those of you who know me well, this shouldn't be surprising. Joe always says I have an all or nothing type personality and I go through waves of obsessively doing something and waves of complete neglect.  While I think he is being somewhat dramatic, there is some truth to that too!

So the wave of neglect is over and I am moving back into blog mode.  But before I post new news, I feel I must post a series of catch-up blogs.

So here is your Fall 2011 catch-up blog...

First and foremost we went back to the States for Thanksgiving.  It was our first Thanksgiving in three years back home and it felt incredible!  We spent a few days with my family in Michigan City and a few days with Joe's family in Chicago.

On the beach in Michigan City

I am not normally one for taking pictures of my food, but I just couldn't resist... how beautiful is this?!?!

I had been anticipating the stuffing for months... no joke.

Not to mention all the pies!

We also had some new visitors this year.  My cousin, Jamie, his wife, Courtney, and their adorable daughter, Madilyn made the drive from Ohio to take part.  And Hilda brought her boyfriend (now fiancée), Imran.  Imran is originally from Pakistan and moved to Canada when he was a teenager, so this was his very first real authentic Thanksgiving!

First ever wishbone contest... better luck next year, Imran.

The ladies

We also celebrated my Madre's birthday while we were home with pizza and presents... I won't say how old she was....


For all Thanksgiving photos click HERE.

P.S. I don't know how Joe's family managed to escape being in any photos.  It means we are going to have to double up next year!  Sorry, Paul & Joe.

Other Fall highlights:
- Gretch &Sean visited us in London for a week!



 - We also had a London Thanksgiving with ESADE friends!  Thanks for hosting, Sharon!

Sharon cutting the bird!

Joe & David at Sharon's for Thanksgiving

- And we celebrated our first Guy Fawkes / Bonfire night in London with our friends Karolin and Hugo
Karolin, Hugo &Joe at Battersea Fireworks



No comments:

Post a Comment