Sunday, July 15, 2012

Big Poopa

I never understood why parents would regularly talk about their children's bowel movements... that was until I became a mother.  For all non-parents you may want to stop reading now (you've been warned).

First of all, let's talk about the fear the hospital instills in you if your child is not pooping as expected.  The doctors make it clear that your child's overall well being is closely tied to their no. 2s.  As such you become obsessed with tracking and documenting every 'poo' your child takes... from color to frequency, no detail should be overlooked.  So I place a lot of blame on the doctors for the constant poo-talks that now take place in our household.

But I also have to place some of the blame directly on our son as I think he has taken it upon himself to become the most talented poo-er around.  In addition to the normal baby poos he is trying to master specialty poos.  He has already mastered the sniper shot (see picture of Joe below) and the sneak attack (see picture of Gramps below).

Sniper Shot from across the room

Sneak Attack... slow and steady

I guess I should be proud that he is already exhibiting signs of being a high achiever.  In any event, I am thankful that he seems to be targeting the males of the family :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have photographs of these events! Most people (especially non-parents) think to take care of the indecent first-but not Moms! We document for future humiliation and evidence.

    ReplyDelete