To make it feel a little more like Thanksgiving, I made a French Apple Pie using Mom's recipe from home. Below is the final result! I know, I know... it looks a little ghetto. But I couldn't find real pie dough or brown sugar and I don't own a real pie pan. So I just improvised and used my pyrex dish. In the end it actually tasted pretty good, and it did make me feel like it was Thanksgiving. Thanks for the recipe, Madre :)
Don't think that me eating apple pie alone was the only celebration. Once Joe was back in town we planned a real Thanksgiving feast with our friends Analee & Gregorio (from Guatemala) and Melissa & Nathan (from D.C.).
Analee, Melissa, and I did all of the cooking, and I have to admit we did a pretty darn good job! At first we weren't sure if we could put together a legitimate Thanksgiving meal because it is harder than you would think to find all the same ingredients from back home. But in the end it was just like in the states - it was perfect, and a ton of fun, too!
The chefs & the bird! The turkey actually had to be special ordered from the chicken store b/c it is nearly impossible to find a real turkey in Barcelona.
Joseph had the carving honors!
Gregorio, Analee, & Sebastian
It was Sebas's 1st Thanksgiving! He got to try a little bit of everything... sin Estrella, that is! Sorry, Sebas, you'll have to wait until you're at least 2.
Sebastian & Nathan






No comments:
Post a Comment