My mom may have liked London, but she absolutely loved Paris. Loved it! From the art and fashion to the cute sidewalk cafes and amazing architecture, she seemed to feel right at home.
I actually think she enjoyed speaking French more than anything. Immediately upon arrival, what I like to call the 'Sue to Simone Transformation' occurred, in which my mom literally became French.
She really put all of her French classes to use and was speaking with everyone. Not only that, but she was quite good! And when I say she was speaking to everyone, that included me. Keep in mind that I do NOT speak French... at all. After about 30 minutes of me trying to follow her French with my Spanish I had to have a Simone intervention :)
We were able to see a lot - Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, Champs Elysees, Notre Dame, Louvre, and of course, Laduree. Just like me, Madre's favorite spot was Montmartre. We spent an entire day there in the winding uphill alleys, sifting through local art, shopping, and eating macaroons... yum.
| A liitle Banksy in Paris <3 |
While in Paris we also developed an FOS addiction (French Onion Soup to the layman). We had at least one bowl a day - yes, meaning there were days when we had more. Don't judge, you know the saying... when in
| Great FOS... 8.2 out of 10 |
After 4 days in Paris we headed back to London to see the Yobs (in the Dolloff family yobs = guys... will have to save that story for another day).
Using my best google translation skills... Merci pour un grand voyage, maman!


No comments:
Post a Comment