So I booked a cheap trip to Portugal for us... really cheap... like €30 round trip cheap. In hindsight it was too cheap. Yes, too cheap. It basically became expendable.
To elaborate, a few weeks before the trip Joe and his friend, Gregorio, had the grand idea ofcancelling postponing our trip to Portugal for a party. I'm sure you can imagine my reaction when they brought this up... less than thrilled. Their argument: it's the end of our time in Spain, we may never see some of these people again, how can you pick a trip over friends, yada yada yada... and of course the kicker... it was only €30. And the double kicker, Gregorio was going to book a guitarrista to play at the party. How could I say no to that???
So I gave in and we threw one last party at Calle Ferran 33. And I must admit, in the end, I was happy we stayed in Barcelona for a fun night with our amigos!
To elaborate, a few weeks before the trip Joe and his friend, Gregorio, had the grand idea of
So I gave in and we threw one last party at Calle Ferran 33. And I must admit, in the end, I was happy we stayed in Barcelona for a fun night with our amigos!
I should probably also mention two more things...
1. I gave Joe a condition before the fiesta. He had exactly one year to make-up the trip to Portugal. Look for a blog Dec 2011.
2. Gregorio did not deliver on his promise of a guitarrista. So Gregorio, if you're reading this, I am also giving you one year to make that up to us. Perhaps this summer when you're in London???




No comments:
Post a Comment