Sunday, August 21, 2011

Copenhagen!



Copenhagen... ah, I can say enough good things about this city!  We absolutely fell in love with it.  It's not nearly as big as Stockholm, nor does it have as much to do, but it has so much charm.  It's the perfect place for a weekend away.

















We spent a lot of time wandering the canals lined with colorful houses, university students, and bicycles.  Honestly, I've never seen so many bicycles in my life.  The crazy thing is no one seems terribly concerned with locking their bikes up.  Don't let word get out in Barcelona.


I was again amazed by how colorful everything was!  Honestly I think when we have a house of our own one day I am going to try to fill it head to toe with color!  Sorry, Mom and Dad.  I know you raised me to appreciate the many (and varied) shades of beige, taupe, mother of pearl, etc. but all these colors just made me so happy.



































Our favorite spot was a little plaza we called the Love Square... and by 'we' I mean 'I'.  The street leading into it was called Løvstræde.   Now I know I don't know much Danish (or any for that matter), but Løvstræde clearly means Love Street in English, right?  Well regardless of what the actual street or plaza is called, we loved it there.  Thanks for the recommendation, Hanne!

In the Love Square


















On our last day there we decided to just keep it low-key and we had a picnic in the park instead of a nice dinner out.  Of course, chocolate balls were on the menu... BUT it must be said that they were definitely not as good as the Swedish chocolate balls!  But the picnic was fun!

Picnic in the park... Rosenborg Castle in the back.

















Okay there isn't much of a story to this next picture, but it had to be shared.  Honestly, have you ever seen a bigger Shawarma in your life?!?!  Chiki, we thought of you :)

















Goodbye colorful Copenhagen, we had fun <3 <3 <3

















To see all of the photos, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment