Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Portugal!

In the Fall of 2010 Joe convinced me to cancel a trip to Portugal so we could have a party with our friends in Barcelona instead (Read Old Blog Here).  I told him I would only agree if he promised we'd go to Portugal sometime during the next year.  Well... he took an extra year to do it, but we finally made it there!  And because we waited an extra year to go we had this little tour guide along for the ride...


We spent the first half of our trip in Lisbon which I absolutely LOVED.  I had never heard people rave about Lisbon the way they do some other European cities so I was blown away when I got there.  It was stunning and full of so much character and charm (kind of like Barcelona meets San Fran).  I seriously would put it in my top 5 of all cities ever visited!


Riding the cable cars

Several people told us that if went to Lisbon we had to take a day trip to Sintra to see the Pena National Palace.  We weren't so sure if it would be worth it to take a full day just to see a palace, but it was definitely worth it!  The palace was like something straight out of Candy Land.



We spent the second half of our trip relaxing on Madeira Island.  Interestingly, Madeira formed much in the same way Bermuda did so it was really cool to compare the two.  

Fish skins (do fish have skin?) hanging out to dry

Some of us (ahem... Caden) took the relaxing thing a bit too far...


Parent of the year award right there

I am so happy Joe made good on his word and we took a trip to Portugal!  Next up on his list is to take me ice skating... but we'll have to save that story for another day.  To see all of our Portugal pictures click HERE.  Or click play on the slideshow below.

No comments:

Post a Comment