Monday, March 15, 2010

J'adore Paris!


The four days we spent in Paris visiting Joe's parents flew-by! We always have fun catching-up, but doing it in Paris made it even better (nothing against Saint Charles, Illinois).

I would sum the city up as high-everything... high-fashion, high-art, high-class, high-cost, high-end, and high-energy. One may also throw-in high-(ahem, cough)-attitude, but I have to admit, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the supposed Parisian-tude. Sure, I met one or two waiters that were less than helpful, but come-on... I've seen way worse (umm, hello Corte Ingles check-out "assistants"). And I digress...

We may not have been there long, but we made the most of our time and saw quite a bit. We could have easily stayed another few days (or even months) without running out of things to keep us entertained. I know this for a fact based on the awesomely-detailed g-map itinerary from my cousin, "the supreme Francophile", Kirk! In 4 days we only managed to see a fraction of his recommended sites (all of which were awesome, by-the-way... thank-you, Kirk!). Guess that just means, we'll have to go back :)

Some highlights...
*Photo excursion day with Kathy!
*Laduree desserts... Kirk and Valerie, my expectations were exceeded!
*Musée d'Orsay
*Versailles gardens (would love to see these in the summer time)
*Louvre lit up at night
*Trying tartare (minced raw beef)
*Observing the homeless party-scene on the metro
*All of the stained glass... Sainte Chapelle, Galleries Lafayette
*French Mass at Notre Dame
*Crepes!
*When the french waiter just looked at Joe and said 'Two'... we couldn't figure out what he meant. Sorry, Sean, had to add that.
*Art plaza in Montmarte
*Sacré Coure

Long story short, Paris was great. Paul & Kathy, thanks for an awesome time!  La Fin  To see the complete album click HERE.

Notre Dame

Montmarte Art Plaza

Paris Transportation

Versailles

1 comment:

  1. Jealous!!! Please provide details of desserts at Lauderdee

    ReplyDelete