Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dolloff Family Reunion in Bermuda!


My sisters and I flew out to Bermuda over July 4th to surprise my parents with a Dolloff family reunion!  I was beyond excited; it had been an entire year since the last time I saw them.  Plus I am awful with surprises, so the suspense was killing me!  Gretchen and Sean arrived early on Friday, Hil surprised them a few hours later, and I finally showed up around dinner time.  As I was walking down the drive-way my mom apparently looked at my sisters and said, "Who's that lady?!"  I'm pretty sure both of my parents got a little teary-eyed once they realized 'that lady' was their first born (and probably favorite) child.  I kid, I kid :)


We spent the week vacationing Dolloff-style... hanging out, laying out, and eating out.  It was awesome!  We read a few books, too.  Of course, I packed all of my Spanish books, yet didn't read a single page!

Sunny Bermuda
Watching the fish from above

One of the highlights of every Bermuda trip is rock climbing in Mom and Dad's backyard.  I seriously love it!  This time was especially cool because for the first time ever we made it down to the bottom of the cliffs and into the ocean!  This may not sound that tough, but the rocks are really steep and jagged and the water is normally pretty rough - meaning it wouldn't take much for a wave to throw you up against a sharp rock and seriously hurt you.  This trip we had a few calm days on the water so we took full advantage and climbed down with snorkel gear and everything.  We got to see some pretty cool fish and coral!  Prepare for snorkel/climbing montage...

Checking out the fish from below:)

Hilda and I

Standing on the Heart Rock

Climbing back up.  Can you see the pride in our eyes?

To sum it all up, Dolloffs + Sean+ Bermuda + Sun + Bargaritas + Rock Climbing + Snorkeling = Perfect Week!!!  The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the hubs could have made it out, too.  We missed you, Joe!

Click play on the slideshow below to see all the pictures.  Or click HERE to see the full-size version.

Since I wasn't very good about taking pictures this trip and I've never blogged about our previous Bermuda trips, I've include links to past trips here.  I realize this may be Bermuda overkill for some of you, but I love it there so I couldn't resist sharing.  Enjoy!
   - Click HERE to see Bermuda 2009
   - Click HERE to see Bermuda 2008

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see other Dolloff's having a great time in the clear waters of the Islands too! Our preference is the Island of St Croix, USVI

    ReplyDelete